Ep 5: How to Program Finishers
Performing strength & conditioning in the same session has become all too common. Why? Because people want the illusion of feeling like they are ‘doing more.’ The interesting part is that these same people would likely get better results if they focused on one thing each session.
Or if they kept the energy demands of the training session in alignment at least training both strength & conditioning modalities wouldn’t interfere with long-term gains.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Keep Strength Work Strength Work: You don't need to always do something 'metabolic' in every session, but if you must I'm going to give you some guidelines.
- Keep Conditioning Work Conditioning Work: I know, that probably caught you off guard, lol, but seriously train your conditioning as its own training session not in conjunction with 100 other things.
- If You Decide To Combine The Two: If you must combine strength & conditioning, perform more anaerobically demanding in conjunction with your strength work and keep your aerobic work as its own session on another day.
> I want to help YOU and 2999 other coaches this year become absolute game changers by teaching you how to get RESULTS for any client in any training scenario.
The fitness industry should be dominated by real experts, not sexy marketing. Let’s change that in 2022.
* * *
Legion Athletics: Use JBC for 15% off your first order
Angles90: I use this weekly in my training because they’re so damn versatile! Use code JBROWN10 at checkout for 10% off
Bonafide Bone Broth: Use code BROWN10 at checkout any time you purchase
* * *
At the end of February, I’ll be releasing The Ultimate Programming Playbook to help you in every area of writing amazing training programs for your clients. The Playbook includes:
- Over 100+ pages of my best training templates for all common (and uncommon) training scenarios/goals, each with several weeks of sample programming
- 10 hours of video instruction and supporting resources directly related to writing incredible training programs
- Sets, Reps & Rest Interval Guide
- Exercise Order Cheat Sheet
- Movement Pattern Classification Key
- Comprehensive Strength Methods Table
- The Ultimate Conditioning Methods Guide
- How To Program For Slow Vs. Fast Twitch Muscle Fibers Manual
- The Complete Hypertrophy Handbook
- Exercise Science Fundamentals Cheat Sheet
- BONUS: 1-Month Free Access to World Class Coach Slack Group
- BONUS: New Client Onboarding Checklist
- BONUS: My Newest 9-week Program, Strong AF x Well-Conditioned
- BONUS: Live Programming Session with me
If you’d like to get off the waitlist and get The Playbook and get $100 off, head here: https://www.jasonbrowncoaching.com/UPP
* * *
If you have questions or topics you’d like me to consider covering please email me at [email protected]
* * *
Could I please ask you to take one minute and leave me a review? It helps me reach more coaches like you so that we can improve the quality of the fitness industry. I want to help more hungry coaches like yourself. Thanks so much for the support.